I woke up at 8am to get ready and get ou the door to get to the train station at 904. well like yesterday I was 5 seconds too late. the train was leaving when I got there. Great. So I waited for the 912 train and made my switches and arrived at shin yokohama a bit after 10am. I found the ticket office and reserved my ticket for Kyoto. I was stil in time to catch the 1022a shinkansen. So I made my way to the train and it hadn’t arrived yet. I found my seat and was still playing Zelda. I had eaten a poptart that morning. Than I slept a bit. And when I woke up at 12, ate some pb crackers. I got to Kyoto and had a look about the omiyageya (souvenir shops). I found some cute note cards. Then I found the nara line and headed there. It takes 45 min on the rapid line. I got there and went to tourist info for a map. I wanted something to eat but I only saw this really little stand in the station with not much food. So I left. I was going to walk but then I saw a bus that had a daibutsu written on it. Yay!
So I hoped the bus and waled toward todaiji temple. This is the largest daibutsu in japan and the largest wooden building. Along the path were many deer. They are domesticated and want to be fed. They have a stand where you can buy food for them. They walk right up to you and sniff. No shame. The der are so populare that they have deer kitai straps with the Buddha. Funny! So I went inside. 500yen and Buddha was hugte. I tried to get a good picture but my camera sucks. I asked thise two brits to take my pic. I was walking around and they had statues that b liked. There was also a scaled temple with the Buddha inside. And there was a wooden pillar with a hole and people were sticking their bodies in side with their head sticking out. They were loud and obnoxious and taking pictures. This is a temple! Sheesh!
Next I went to kasuga taisha. It was a shrine that I think I went in the wrong way. They had many lanterns and a big tree. As I was leaving I was asked by some ladies to take their picture. I understood the Japanese and they asked me where I was from. I said I was Korean but adopted and from America. They were interested and we talked a bit about what I was doing in japan. Then I walked back down the long path. I saw the 5 teired pagoda and the 3 tiered pagoda. And kofukuji temple. And many deer. A lady asked me to take her picture with the deer and she did the same for me.
Then it was back to the station to catch the nara line back to Kyoto. Then I headed back to Tokyo. I was really glad that I got to see it. I even bought a little Buddha! Sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment