Wednesday, July 23, 2008

july 22-23

Yesterday we didn’t really do a whole lot. I woke up late and then we went to the post office again so I could send my mt fuji stick home and two more packages to friends. We came back and I think I blogged. I repackaged my belongings and I may need to post more things home if the weight limit is over. I looked up train schedules for kamakura.

Today we woke up before 830a and got ready. we didn’t leave til around 930. we got to ofuna a bit after 11am. We went to see ofuna kannon, the goddess of mercy. We were going the wrong way and a nice lady gave us directions. I understood half of it. But we eventually found it and it was really cool. A giant kannon statue. It was cool. I even got me a little statue of it. We stayed there for a bit and ate lunch.

Then we were off to kitakamakura. First was engakuji, the 2nd most important site in kamakura. This also had the Zelda triforce symbolI didn’t go to this one before. Then we went to meigetsu-in temple and all the hydrangeas that the temple is know for had fallen off and died. But they did have a cool bamboo garden. Then we went to kencho-ji, this is where I saw the triforce symbol first. It has a nice garden in the back. then we walked to tsurugaoka hachimachi. It was a cool shrine and we got to see mikos and went to the lilypad garden and saw huge fat coy fish. And a mutated turtle. Not sure what kind it was. Then we walked down the street and looked in some gift shops.

Then we took the enoshima train line to hase where daibutsu (big Buddha) is. Its still impressive the second time around. I love it. We took pictures and I asked for someone to take a group photo of us. It got the girls a dragon and tiger Buddha for their zodiac year. and a plushy Buddha for me!

We left and headed back for home. The train was a bit packed. the girls don’t know how to stand up on the train. And they get tired so easily. I guess I’ve gotten used to standing up. For long periods of time on the train. I just read my book.

We got off at sagami-otsuka to walk to the beef bowl place. It was tasty. Then we walked home. It felt great to shower of the sweatyness. Oyasumi nasai.

No comments: