So we had to get to the university very early this morning. They said 830 then they said 820. I left the dorm at 745 and was going to get there early to use the computer. I got to keio and there is a wall with lights when a professor is in or not. There were 3 lights on. And when I got to the 6th floor, it was darkness. And when I went to the lab it was locked. So from now on I know that no one gets there that early. Ok, so I wait by the elevators. And around 815 yuka comes and she like oh I’m sorry I’m late. No no, you’re fine. We are walking to the lab and she says “where is Brandon?” “I’m sure he is coming.” “didn’t you meet?” “no, we come separate.” We get to the room and she asked about kamakura. I said it was very fun. She said she has never been. She wanted to go but she went to her grandmothers. It’s 820a. “where is Brandon?” I’m sure he is on his way. A few minutes “where is he?” I call and no answer. “we need to leave.” “we need to wait for Brandon.” “toronomon hospital is very strict.” I say nothing. A few minutes. “we need to leave.” “we need to wait for Brandon.” “but we need to leave.” “we have to wait for Brandon.” I call him and he’s at the elevator. “good, because she is trying to leave you.” We walk 5 mintues to hamamatsucho and get on the train. We go to shimbashi and change to the ginza line to toranomon. We are confused as to why we didn’t take the subway. It would be much easier to take asakusa line to ginza. But whatever. We get there with 5 mintues. We go to the locker room to change into our coats and shoes. Then yuka just leaves. I’ll be right back. I said we should go together. We get out in the hallway and she is gone. We almost go into the pharmacy but wait outside. Then we see itou-sensei and say that we have an M1 student, but she must have gone to the bathroom. He gets a call about shimomura (yuka) and he is gone for like 20 minutes. He takes us to the room and I ask about her. He said that it’s ok, she is going back to the university because we don’t need a translator. But then he gets out his dictionary. Umm… ok.
So he gives us this paper to read about why hospitals need clinical pharmacist to reduce costs. It’s kinda interesting. And when we are done he asks what we think. We say it’s a good paper and necessary. And that’s it. I was expecting a discussion. Then we go upstairs and check vanc levels for way too long. It’s about 1130 and we are dying. Very sleepy and bored. He says that we are going to lunch with hayashi sensei. He kinda looks like farva from super troopers. But the asian version. And hayashi looks like an American actor but I can’t place him. I asked itou sensei if the M1 student was coming, because they were told to come for lunch. He said oh no don’t worry we called. They don’t seem to want to tell us the whole story.
So we go to the japan tobacco building and eat sushi. I actually ate the orange fish egss. It was ok, probably don’t need to eat it again. I like tuna the best. Something else we had was very chewy. I don’t like chewy or slimy. It was very good. We had miso soup too. Then we walked and saw the American embassy. We also saw hotel kamura. Which was supposed to be this very expensive hotel and it looked pretty busted. Maybe it’s nicer inside. We were almost back to the hospital when we saw starbucks. We went across and I got a dark mocha frap and Brandon got a macha frap. It was delicious. Hayashi was really nice and payed for lunch and starbucks. The coffee here just isn’t sweet enough for me. But the starbucks blend was perfect.
We got back inside and itou sensei had to switch with a pharmacist so they could go eat lunch. He told us to wait in an upstairs room. We called miho to see if kana was coming, because we weren’t sure if she came already. We wanted to make sure that they knew where we were. Then itousensei came and got us. We ended up going with igarashi sensei and ushida sensei to the 13th floor to round with the ict (infectious control) team. All this damn rounding. Really a pain, not sure if it suits. Dr. aroka was really funny. He made the afternoon not so bad. Itou sensei told us earlier that he didn’t drink much and dr aroka said that maybe he liar. HA! And we asked what was on the 14th floor. Oh nothing it is a secret room. J he smiled a lot and made jokes. We finished about 330ish and headed back down to the pharmacy. Itou sensei said that schedule was finished. Yay!
On the way out of the hospital we saw kana coming toward us. We thanked her for coming to get us and she said we needed to come back and explain and be explained to. She asked what happened with Brandon this morning. So everyone knows that he was a little late. We get back to the room and everyone was very interested in what happened. We said we were very confused. They kept saying sorry. Yuka looked unhappy. We explained that they didn’t really tell us much and that’s why we called miho to see if kana was coming. We didn’t want to leave at lunchtime if she supposed to meet us. They said they were sorry, and that hayahsi called matsuyama and said they didn’t need an interpretor. So next two days it is with no one. Great! Next week they only want one extra student and the last one they don’t want any either. Then they said the needed to have a meeting. They let us stay in the room for a while and then saori told us to come with her and she took us to the lab. She gave use some Japanese snacks and asked if we needed to use the computer. They just wanted to talk about us without us being in the room. One of the snacks were kakip. It sounds awful, but it is delicious. It even says so on the package. It’s a cracker with some spicy flavor with peanuts.
Miho comes in and asks if are hungry and we are about to leave when take-san wants to talk with us. He asked what happened to Brandon this morning. Brandon tried to explain that we usually come to the room and sit around for a while before leaving. I don’t think he got it. Then take san explained that they thought the meeting time was the leaving time. And we should have been there on time. I explained that yuka tried to leave Brandon. I think he got it. I hope so.
We went to get our money and we saw that yuka was crying and kana was with her. We left quickly. Brandon didn’t even notice. We went to dinner. It was cold chicken with fat all over it L I ate the miso soup and rice. And miho noticed I didn’t eat my dinner. I said it was hard to eat. We left and came back upstairs. They all had class and they asked if we new how to get back to the lab. Funny. We get back and yuka is still crying, but her and kana leave for class. We work on our project a bit and we see take leaving. He says he has an appointment. Brandon whispered de-to- and he said no no no, with a boy. Uh-huh. We we finished up a bit with our presentation and then left for hamakucho to big camera. We looked around and then left to find ice cream around maori. No luck. We are walking back and end up at shimbashi and find bread with ice cream in the middle. It’s small but tasty. We eat that and keep walking. We find a 100 yen shop but of course it is closed. We then keep walking and we ended up back at hamamatsucho. It took about 25 mintues. But I was tired of walking. I get some more kakep and he gets and protein gel.
Back home. I shower and ask maria to help with laundry. I tell her that she can come over after I shower. We talk for a bit. She speaks Malaysia, thai, Japanese, and now English. That’s really cool.
But time for bed.
No comments:
Post a Comment