This morning we left a little after 8am. We got to the hamamatsucho and I got a coffee. I drank half of it. Brandon got there and ate his breakfast. We went up to the platform to wait for our train. I slept a little bit and we got there. First we saw a pt interview. They do this before they get admitted. Then we saw chemothereapy and the outpt clinic. Then we went back to the pharmacy. It was only 11am. So kadota sensei asked us what our purpose was here in japan. She said mainly sight seeing. We always have to make up some bs answer. Well our university had an exchange program with keio university and we thought it would be really interesting to see how pharmacy is in japan. Ehhh! This is the typical answer. Then we talked about what we want to do, pharmacists thinking. How clinical hospital people look down on community pharmacy. Then she let us go for lunch.
I left Brandon and toon to go the ufg bank. I get there and they say they don’t do exchange and the closest place is yokohama, 30 minutes away. Great. So I go back to the birds and find toon looking at a display case. We decide on tendon which is tempura in a rice bowl. It was good. i like tempura much more now. We leave and go down to the grocery store. I found some of those peanut butter sandwiches. And we tried to get an atm to work but they were all in Japanese. We found a hanko storage box and I bought some hair things that don’t really work in my hair. Typical. Then we were walking back and we saw the post office and what looked like another bank. Sweet! I exchanged the rest of my money. It took almost 30 minutes. Toon waited with me.
We get back and I say I’m sorry. Kadota sensei said it was ok. We went up to the 6th floor and watched while a group counseling was in session about cataract surgery. They do cataract surgery twice a week and have many patients. They get advised by a nurse on what to expect before during and after surgery and then a pharmacist comes and explains all of the medications that they will be taking.
We head back downstairs and go with kagaya sensei to the nst meeting. They were all finished when we got there. The doctor then came back to the pharmacy with jellies for us to try. They are used for pts with dysphagia, difficulty swallowing. It happens in many older pts, stroke pts. We tried a salty soy flavor, apple jelly, and potato soup. then we had some tea. We went to go watch an actual test being run. The man was 92 and had trouble swallowing. They x-rayed his throat and we sat the food go in, some chewing and sliding down the esophagus and some food getting stuck in the pocket that goes to the lungs. His right side of his throat was stronger so in order to swallow he’ll need to turn to the left. It was really cool to watch.
Then we went back to the pharmacy and kagaya sensei said that he may not see us on Monday. It was time to go. we went to the station and just missed the train. We caught the next one and met chinatsu at shinagawa station. Toon got on the phone again. She took all my 100 yen coins. We went to the restaurant and met yoshiyama-sensei. He is the original professor that was alice’s preceptor and he wanted to meet us. It was really fun. I had some beer and tried some sake. The one he brought out was licorice tasting. Not great. We went back to school and I was going to update the blog and email but we got talked to. Taka looked up bus stops for us in Kyoto but it’s all in Japanese. Hmmmmm… then we needed to decide if we wanted akiyoshi’s student to meet up with us in Osaka. Then we find out that on july first we are having lunch with matsuyama sensei and akiyoshi sensei. We thought we would be gone by that time. Uh huh.
Madonna – I’m sorry, she says gomennasai. Macura said she said daijobu, but I didn’t hear it.
Bedtime.
No comments:
Post a Comment