This morning was an early morning. I woke up at 730am and was ready to go at 8am. It’s better if we go early incase we are a few minutes behind. We got to the station first and then akiyoshi-sensei came. He asked if we ate breakfast and I said a little bit. I was eating some protein bar as we walked to the station. I asked if he ate breakfast and he said yes at tully’s coffee. What time did you get there?? He said about 8am. Whoa!!! Crazy! He told us before that he has a 1hr train ride. He has to wake up so early. Brandon came a few minutes later and we went up to the platform. Take-san explained to us that we have to take the kehin-tohoku line to ofuna. Only certain trains. We had to be careful.
We got on the 843 train and were off. It takes about an hour to get there. He has two cell phones. He said he would talk to us about it later. Funny guy. He has secrets. I really want to know why it’s a secret that he has a girlfriend. We got to the hospital and akiyoshi-sensei went in first and introduced himself and then we went in. we met kagaya sensei and kadota sensei. Kagaya sensei is the director of the hospital. Then akiyoshi had to get back to the university. kagaya sensei told us that he studied in America at Michigan and Kansas 20 years ago. He said his daughter did exchange program for high school and went to university in Kansas. He said she came back very direct like an American. Japanese people have hesitation in their answers and are very indirect people. They take the long roundabout way to say things.
We had some coffee and then went to the dispensary and saw the powders. One of the pharmacists demonstrated the weighing of the powders and how there is a chip in the bottom of a bowl so the packaging computer knows which product and how much to separate. Then we saw the liquid machine that did the same thing. Next was the iv machine that selected the ampules and vials. It even prints the label and bags the medicine. The pharmacist then puts it into the carts for the wards.
Next was lunch time and they sent us out alone to the shopping mall that is really close. Funny. This is the first to do that. But my stomach was acting funny and we settled on a pasta restaurant. I only got a cearsar salad. i didn’t want to pay a lot for something I wasn’t really going to eat.
We head back and see the anticancer agents and kadota sensei showed us around the hospital. They used to do outpt rx but now only inpt. So it went from 1100-1200 per day, to only 400 perday. It is good because they get to focus more on clinical work. They interview inpatients when they arrive and get med history and fm hx, social hx, allergies, and all that jazz. They have different clinics for peds, dermatology, urology, internal meds, ent, neurology. They can make an appointment or wait. Er only has about 12 pts a week. We saw the crash carts and headed back to the pharmacy. We sat down to talk with the 2 masters course students. That was a huge waste of time. They should have sent us home, but I guess they wanted to practice English. It was mostly us talking. We talked about where we went in japan already, where we want to go, what we like to eat, macha, sushi, thai language, Japanese, where they think we should go. rotations.
We left after 5p and caught the 517 train home. I fell asleep on and off. It has been the coldest day since I have arrived. It was rainy and gloomy. The sun never came out. Poor toon is so skinny so she was very cold. She said her professor said that she would not need a coat because it is summer. She said her grandmother told her to take one coat but she said no I will not need. On the way home she grabbed onto my arm to get some warmth and I was rubbing her shoulder. I told her she needed to eat more. She said nooooo. We get back and toon is having dinner with maria and saiko. We go to the room and everyone has eaten. We need to get cracking on Osaka. So we go to 711 for dinner. I got some rice balls in the shape of triangles and an anko pancake. With some sprite for my stomach. We went back up and Brandon researched what we would do in Osaka. He couldn’t find a good guide so he made it himself. We’ll be there for 3 days. tomorrow night is dinner with yoshiyama and chinatsu.
Yesterday toon got a little nauseous after the ride. So on the way home I offered her some pepto bismol. I said It was a little minty. She put it in her mouth and said “not mint, tastes like balm.” We couldn’t’ understand at first but then she rubbed her leg. She said it tastes like balm, but ok, feel better. Hehe. I couldn’t stop laughing. Then it was gone and she said it was fast acting. She started chewing some gum and said it was better than balm. On the way home we starting laughing because we realized that matsuyama sensei’s favorite word was however. He starts out with by the way. Then moves closer and says however. Very deep. It was so funny.
Oyasumi nasai!
No comments:
Post a Comment