Monday, June 16, 2008

June 9

So last night I was brushing my teeth and I saw maria and she gave me these sweets from Kyoto. She said that phon brought them back. I asked if I made a mistake and she said no. she thought I was asleep because she didn’t hear my door open and close. Funny.

I woke up late this morning. I was going to try and be at school at 10am to use the computer, but I didn’t wake up until 930 and I got to the station around 1030. I got to school at 1045a. I used the computer and checked my email. I posted my blogs from the last few days. i went back to the M1 room and saw Brandon was already there. Chinatsu offered a cute toy because she’s very good at the claw and had all these toys. I picked out a really cute mickey.

Before I forget, if anyone wants some asian smut, let me know. They sell it at every convenie.

Me, b, chinatsu, and miho went to masala kitchen, Indian spice magic. It was delicious. Curry chicken with nan. We order chai tea for after and when it came it was more like milk tea. That’s ok. I put two packs of sugar in and I was good to go. We headed off for toranomon station and the hospital.

We get there and itou-sensei was very nice to us. But we found out that they made a mistake with our schedule. We were told to be at school every morning at 11am for lunch and then be at the hospital by 1pm. But he thought we were supposed to be there at 9am. That’s crap. What are they going to do with us? Whatever. I keep thinking about what macura said, “take japan one day at a time.” It’s good advice. I’ll be flexible. Ok. He called his boss and he called matsuyama sensei. On Wednesday and Friday we need to be at the hospital at 9am. So I’ll need to be at the university at 815 am, which means I’ll have to wake up at like 7am. Great!

Every time we said a Japanese word he wrote it down. It was very funny. He showed us around until it was time for NST (nutrition support team) was rounding. He said meeting so I was thinking a conference room. But it was rounds. The bad thing was that it was really humid today and it was hot in the hospital. We had to stand around while we went to a couple of floors and they talked about the therapy and what to do. But we couldn’t understand and chinatsu and miho were not close enough to hear what was going on. So it was kind of miserable. We also had to switch into long lab coats, which we didn’t understand why. I liked keio university better, is seemed more personable. And they clearly marked pharmacists and doctors. I liked that. Around 4pm we went back to the basement and itou-sensei walked us through vancomycin tdm. It’s pretty standard, but they use an excel spreadsheet with formulas that were written by the hospital staff, not an actual computer program.

Schedule was over for the day and we went back to the university. on the way to the station they told us that we need to bring sneakers with us to the hospital to switch into. What???? That sounds retarded. Our normal shoes make too much noise. And we asked if we could wear the sneakers on the way to the hospital. But that would be dirty. I asked if I could wear my crocs and those are too casual. Wtf, mate? Whatever.

we went to dinner at the cafeteria. Taka, yoshi, yoko, kana, naoko, and b. I had the fish with miso soup. taka wanted us to tell him about American music. I started playing some things on my phone. We went back upstairs and started working on our presentation. I asked take if we should call him take-san or take-sensei and he said it was my choice, but I said I didn’t want to be rude and he said take-san was good. Then I asked about the long lab coats. And he said he heard. He offered me his. And then Brandon tried on kazu’s. he came to kaiden zushi, and has a mad comb over. Kazu’s was a girls coat, because itou-sensei was telling me about it. So I got that coat. Brandon tried on take-san’s and it was a bit small. It was really funny. I told him not to break it and take-san was like nooooo! Hehehe. He’s really nice to us. I like him.

He asked how old we thought he was and I said 27. he said we saw my store earlier. Ice cream. He is 31, like baskin robbins! Very funny.

He said It was a secret but he doesn’t really like to do animal research. But he said there was nothing that could be done. He has too. The Japanese is shoganai. He also told us about matanai. Recycling. He also said what to say when someone leaves work or school. Otsukare. And the person leaving says osakini shiturei shimasu – I’m sorry for leaving early. He’s really nice!

Matsuyama sensei came in and talked with us about kamakura. He’s kinda weird sometimes. We left and because it was so early we walked around for about an hour. And when I got to the station I realized my feet hurt. I got back to the dorm and showered. Marion came over and we talked for a while and she taught me some more Japanese words. I’m getting there, really slowly!

No comments: