Today toon and I went to school together. We got there about 15 til 9a. we had to just sit around. Brandon decided that he wasn’t going to come to university anymore and will wait for us at hamamatsucho. At 9am we left with chinatsu and went to hamamatsucho. We arrived at the hospital around 10am and asked for kaga sensei at the front desk. She came and we changed into our white coats.
Our first lecture was the stock management. How medications are ordered and what is kept track of. I’m always so sleepy. Many medications need separate prescriptions and need an inventory. It was interesting to learn that narcotic medications are ordered by the doctor and there is a pharmacist that is the narcotics manager to keep track of inventory. That was done at 11a and we went to the little library and kaga sensei wanted to explain things in more detail. Then it was time for lunch.
Ueda-san picked us up for lunch and we went to the cafeteria. We had clam spaghetti. It was tasty. And then we went to the staff meeting at 1245p. afterwards we went to the injection dispensary room. It’s actually more work for the person translating than us. They have to listen and then relate that message to us. Brandon and I were so tired. I kept yawning and had to try really hard to keep myself awake. The pharmacist explaining things was so quiet and a small voice.
We went back to the library and kaga sensei wanted to have a lecture about medication safety. On our schedule it said free time, but not really free time. The lecture was 2 hours. And poor chinatsu had to explain everything to us. We were again very sleepy and she noticed. So we took a little break and had some green tea and coffee. There is actually a sweet coffee pre-made. It has maple and honey in it. Yay! I must find this. I drank mine really quick. It was delicious. The talk was interesting but way too long. The schedule for the day was over. We asked chinatsu how to say star. And it is hoshi. I kept saying iga-sensei to her and she was like, no no no. then at the end of the day I said in Japanese that chinatsu was a star. She thought it was really funny because it doesn’t really translate. I just wanted to say that she was doing a really good job.
We left and on the way went to a convenie. Brandon asked her which were energy drinks and found a su-pa one. And a bottle just of caffeine. That was different. We left and headed back to hamamatsucho. Brandon wanted to go to the pokemon center and we asked when dinner was. Chinatsu had to call every M1 student and finally got ahold of saori-san. We didn’t understand what the big deal was. It would have taken 5 minutes to get to pokemon center and then we could have gotten ourselves back to school. We saw dr. matsuyama on the way to the station for an appointment and then saori came. They wanted to us to come back to the university and then on the way we could go by there. Then saori was trying to call taka-san and see if he could come now. It really wasn’t that much trouble. I leaned over to toon and said they didn’t think we could manage on our own. And she said she thought it was good that we had so many people that cared about us.
So we went to the pokemon store and I got a washcloth of the bird and some stickers. Brandon bought a cookie tin and a folder. We headed back to the university and I went to check my email. The m1 students were having a conference about us. Our schedule has changed yet again. Monday I was supposed to go to odaiba and then on Tuesday I was going to senpo takanawa hospital and then on Wednesday we where going to shiodome. Monday was brandon’s day at the hospital and Wednesday was toon’s. but now we have to go to the hospital on both days. but they haven’t really told us. Yet. Miho came by and gave me a sweet that she got at the hot springs. It was a delicious snack. She even made us green tea to go with it. I can drink hot green tea much better than cold or store bought in a bottle. I don’t know why. The sweet had an orangey flavor and was delicious.
So we leave for dinner. Saori, taka, me, b, and toon. We are going to ryogoku to eat chan-gou, sumo wrestler’s dinner food. It is brought uncooked in a bowl and you cook it on the gas stove eye on your table. It was good. We got a seafood bowl with spicy soup and chicken with miso soup. and we got yaki-tori. Yum! We were almost done and when I was waiting for the bathroom the server asked me to wait in Japanese: chotou mate. Then he said in English please wait a moment. I said I understood chotou mate and said I understand in Japanese. He asked where I was from. America-jin des. Then a man leaving said that I looked Japanese and I said that I was Korean but that I was adopted.
We left and on the way to the subway we found a 100yen store. Yay! I found some cute bookends, sheep and hedgehogs. Some funny notebooks, and gift bags. Toon and I went back home and I did a load of laundry and took my shower. I had to wash some of the darker undies by hand. It was a light colored load. I ate my peanut butter sandwich and it was good. I haven’t had peanut butter in a long time. It was really creamy and fluffy if that makes sense. But still good.
Yesterday on the way home from the hospital we saw an old man walking a bicycle and then fall over onto a plant. I just stared at him. Then toon ran over to help. So we all tried to help and keep him steady. He said to macura that he hadn’t eaten that day but he lived close by. Basically he didn’t want our help but we were concerned and watched him for a while. He tried to get back on his back several times and then just started walking again.
And a couple of days ago, yoshi got us to try umeboshi. A pickled something. It was soo sour. I never need to eat one again. He just wanted to see the look on our face.
Time for bed!
No comments:
Post a Comment