Woke up around 7am. I was up til 1am last night writing in word because I wanted to keep my thoughts but have no internet at dorm. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get up in time. I got ready for the day and ate my strawberry yogurt, which had a soupy consistency, but it’s only Y105. took my shoes to the cubby, met with naoko. She doesn’t talk that much, but I can’t say much either. Went to keio university and went to the M1,2 room. Met matsuyama-sensei and shiba, yoku, yuka, taka, ?. then came in chinotsu and Brandon. Then we (b,m,taka,chinatsu, and matsuyama) went to keio hospital.
We met with yamaguchi sensei, and inoue san. Inoue translated and took us through a powerpoint. She went to elementary school and middle school in the us. She lived in san diego and pennsylvannia. Her English was great but she was so quiet it was hard to hear. She told us about the iv preparations. They have a glass that slides down so you can put your arms underneath, but nothing else. Everyone is a pharmacist. There are no technicians. They all sign off with a stamp when they make or check something. They all have separate stations. The doctors all write the prescription on the computer and it gets sent to the pharmacy. Much easier to read things. No confusion on what they mean. Very nice. She kinda reminded me of olive oil, because her upper teeth stuck out a bit.
Then we went to lunch. It was really great that the menus are pictures. You can see what you are getting and the price. Very easy to order. We had two hours for lunch, so we went to the park. We went by a temple and the baseball field. We went to a batting cage where you could try to hit 20 balls for Y400. it was fun. I hit one good one. Brandon was too tall. It was really life like because they have a video of the guy pitching and the ball comes out where it would if he was real. Very cool. Then we walked back and I got my suica card at the bus station. Then we went back to the hospital. ]
We went to the outpatient pharmacy and they were really busy. They have tablets,capsules, and granules. The granules and powders are packaged on site. It’s really cool. Then we went do the inpatient pharmacy with t,c,g, they showed us where they make topicals, bulk powders, suppositories, the clean room. Shurr translated. Then we left and came back to keio university. We got done early so we had time to kill.
Then we went to mahana, loco’s table. Hawaiian food for farewell dinner with dr. crystal and her husband joe. It was also the welcoming party for me and Brandon. The food was really good, made me full. Then the picture’s started and felt like they wouldn’t stop. Then we went home, me and naoko. Stopped by the convenience store and for yogurt and banana and calorie mate. Unwinded a bit and took a shower. I was nearly done and was alone when another girl came in.. and a girl was in the antechamber. Oh well. And I weighed in at 55kg. about 121 pounds. I’m sooooo tired. I need to sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment