Today we were supposed to meet Brandon at 1145 at daimon to go eat at yoshinoya. I go knock on toon’s door at 1030 and she asked me to wait a moment. Ok. About 5 min later, we head downstairs and then se forgot her little sweater. So she goes back for it. It’s know almost 1140. and she walks slow. We get to daimon and it’s about 1155. and Brandon is no where in sight. I wore my rainbows and I should have wore my crocs because it started raining after we got out the door. I called Brandon and he was at hamamatscho exit instead. I said sorry that we were late. We saw maria while we were waiting. She had a karate test. then Brandon came and we went to yoshi noya.
Yoshi noya is famous for guy (beef). A problem for both Brandon and toon. So we used our limitied jaapanese to ask what was gyu or buta (pork). Brandon got eel, toon got salmon with pork and I got beef. It was good. And it came with rice and miso soup. yum. We go to the convenie and wait around for a while. We head to hamamatsucho and wait. Yoko and yuka came shortly after. We head for ikebukuro. Yoko and yuka’s English isn’t that great and they rely on their jisho (dictionary) a lot. So conversation was a little limited.
Chinatsu told us that she would meet us at the station at 145, but then we find out that she won’t meet us until 3pm. Oh no! so we head for sunshine city in the rain and on the way we see some old women painted up like geisha and they were advertising for something. There were so many people and with umbrellas. It was crazy trying to navigate without getting poked in the eye.
We get to sunshine city and find some maps. They did not know where they were going. So we go to namjatown. A cat character attraction. We have to pay 300yen to get in where ice cream city is. We get there and the crowd is crazy. I get a strawberry cone. It was tasty. Then they tried to ask what we wanted to do and it was hard to explain that we would rather stay inside than go shopping. By that time chinatsu came but it took a long time for her to come back.
We go outside to meet her and do some shopping. We found a stationary store and I bought some cute stickers. They call them seals here. I bought hiragana letters. Toon wanted make-up and I needed some body wash. We found some funny supplements that had pictures of what they did. Toon was taking a really long time so Brandon and yoko went to totoro store and chinatsu and I went to look for stockings. She told me that she asked yoko and yuka to make a detailed schedule, but they didn’t. and she didn’t know how well their English was. And I told her what happened yesterday with naoko and mari. It was very hard trying to talk. I asked questions that weren’t really answered. So I gave up on buying zouri and socks, and purse. It was going to be too difficult to get it across.
Then we were finished and couldn’t find Brandon and yoko. We finally get back together and decide to go to the aquarium. But all the shows are sold out because it was so rainy. There is usually an outside aquarium, but no one wants to stand in the rain for an aquarium. So we went back to namjatown and walked thru a ghost house. It measured how much your pulse was at the beginning and at the end. The more it changed the weaker your heart was supposed to be. I was 19. L oh well.
We leave and start to head to dinner. We were told we were going to a japanese buffet. But it was too far away and we found a closer place. It was called coco blanco. A middle eastern looking place. We ordered things to share. It came with a bread and tomato sauce appetizer. We got salad and risotto and chicken. When the meals came they were very small. So we ordered more. Tuna, spaghetti, and pizza. All small. It was really funny. We talked about how nakashima sensei was supposed to be doing the schedule for Brandon, me and toon. But it seems that chinatsu has been doing the scheduling. And toon actually belongs to nakashima’s lab and her m1 students. They are supposed to do her schedule for july. Right now it’s the three of us. But when we leave she will be by herself.
We leave dinner and go to burger king for dessert. I got an espresso ice cream. It was good. The espresso was really strong though. We left for the game center and chinatsu tried to get toys with the ufo catcher but no luck. We started walking back and when we were on the platform I noticed the time. It was 1020. crap. It takes 30 mintues from ikebukuro back to hamamatsucho. So they told us to get off at shinagawa and walk the way home. So we do this and I’m walking really fast to the main light. My fast walk is a little run for toon. And she’s getting out of breath. Not good. So we get to the light and wait. I’m trying to just walk fast and she is behind. We need to move faster. And we are almost there and she is walking really slow. We get to the dorm and the gate is closed. Crap. We try our key and no luck. I called the dorm and no luck. The number doesn’t work. And I call naoko and no answer. Great. We are talking and then ban san comes out. We say sumimasen but that really isn’t right. He motions for the key and then he laughs a little and motions us to come in. we say thank you and again. Thank goodness he let us in. yuka said that her and her friends thought that ban san got enjoyment out of being mean to them. She said he didn’t agree with her lifestyle. She wore her weird big doll clothes again. We ran upstairs to take a shower. I get out with buckets and toon is at her door. She can’t find her key. i reach into a little pocket and find it. I run to the shower and get started. I bought soap today but didn’t bring it with me. Whatever. Wash hair and use regular soap. Toon comes in and she’s washing fast too. I’m getting done and I feel water on me. I still had soap on me and she got it off for me. I couldn’t’ help but laugh. I live in crazy town!
When we first got to namjatown we got a flyer that had all the custard available. There was some from places all over japan. Many many! I saw a boob shaped custard and asked Brandon if he wanted it and he said those are not for eating! Hilarious!
Chinatsu wanted to get the same souvenir so we got pens with the ghost cat on it. So did toon.
And yesterday at asakusa I overheard some people taking. I heard “what the fuck I’m going to buy this.” I turned around and they were Japanese but spoke English well. The girl kept saying that phrase because one guy didn’t get it. She said it was just an expression. I kept turning around because I was debating whether or not to correct her. And then the other guy noticed I was turning around and told them to stop saying it. Too funny!
Good night!
No comments:
Post a Comment