i never went to sleep again last night. So I’ve been up since 4am. Great. I went to school early to see chinatsu and I was up anyway. I ironed my other shirts before I left. I tried to write some emails but the keyboard was giving my trouble. Every time I tried to type in English it changed it to Japanese. So I gave up. By that time, chinatsu and mari hosoda was there. I asked chinatsu where I should go in odaiba and she said joypolis, but that it wasn’t on the schedule. Why not? She did not know. i said I wanted to go. even Brandon assumed we were going to joypolis. Then matsuyama sensei and Brandon.
We left to meet at daimon and saw toon and then inside the station we saw mari and miho. We went to the nihon tv staion and saw some school kids and some boy dressed in drag with a blonde afro wig.. strange. We saw the giant clock and on the way to tsuziri we saw this giant turtle dome. It was a fountain that spewed water. We waited for the show and it was steam for a while and then only short bursts. No pattern or music. We went to tsujiri a famous sweet shop restaurant. Yumi met us there. She is really quiet and shy and has an old lady feel to her. We ate cold macha flavored soba. I am not a fan of cold soba. So I didn’t finish all of it. Then we had a really expensive parfait of agar, vanilla ice cream, matcha castella (pound cake), matcha ice cream, and more matcha castella, and matcha whipped cream. It was delicious minus the agar.
Then yuka and mari hosoda came and we were off. We got to odaiba using the yurikamome line and went to the planetarium first. It was 500yen and for half of it, it was sleepy time because I didn’t’ have much sleep. Then we went to joypolis. It was great because we didn’t need to wait in long lines because it was a weekday. We rode every ride on the 3rd floor. These are mainly 3d attractions. You sit down and there’s a big screen and your “cart” moves. It was really cool first was the wild wing where it simulates a cart being pulled by an airplane. Air rushing, windy, and some water splashes. Very cool! Then was wild jungle brothers, riding in a jeep thru the jungle. Then was wild river, going thru rapids. By this time the parfait was making my stomach feel weird on top of the bouncing around. I chewed some pepto bismol. Then we went into the room of living dolls. It was pitch dark and you walk along the wall to a stopping point the lights come on and there are two people, one standing really close to me and the other crouched down on the floor. Brandon said it was scary. You put on these headphones and you see all these creepy dalls everywhere and a big one in the front of the room. You sit down at a table. It was in Japanese but it was still creepy as hell. It really felt like someone was right behind me and breathing on my neck, moving behind me, talking in my ear. I kept shivering and the hairs on my neck were up! We took a little drink break and I got some gingerale. The cure all for everything. Then we did the dark chapel, it was like a video game with 3d glasses. Then we did imabikisou, a walk thru horror, but not really scary. The other girls were though. Then we did prison break. We went with another group of 4 and the girls were very skiddish and screaming. It was like we had to run from the guards. Brandon got knocked down , or rather pulled down by one of the girls. It was too funny.
We went to the 2nd floor and did the power sled, simulated bob sledding, the jungle shooting game, killing big bugs, and then the burnout running. It was like a track meet. By this time mari had to leave for another appointment and yuka had to leave to go back to class. We left joypolis ourselves to eat dinner. We went to ootoya and I had grilled chicken with rice, and radish. It was ok. Then we went to the ferris wheel. It’s like the London eye. We came back to joypolis so I could ride the only jet coaster. Not really that bad. It twists around and drops fast. Toon went with me and got naseous. Eeeee! I felt bad. We found some capsule machines and then we left. We caught the train back and toon went home. We went to school so we could book the Kyoto ryokan. While we were on the computer taka came in and said he had a present. He gave us our hankos! We were so surprised because we just asked them to do that on Monday. Crazy fast. It is really cool though. We were super excited! I feel important now. Everytime I write to one of them I will stamp my name! I know it’s silly but I love it!
We printed out some maps and it was time for me to catch the train. I asked naoko this morning if she could show me how to wear the kimono on Sunday. She said ok. Yay! I’m excited to wear it to dinner with Brandon and akiyoshi sensei.
I got asked if I played sports yesterday by fukui sensei. She said that I must because my skin was so dark. I said yes I like to be outside and I usually run a lot at home. I think that was a messed up question. I know the culture here is mostly to have whiter skin, but damn. This is my normal summer skin. Brandon and I were talking and he said that she must have assumed that because that is their culture to want whiter skin that I would too. Even if I tried I would not be pale. But I like my tan skin anyway!
Brandon told me today that before macura and I arm wrestled, saito sensei was telling macura that he needed to be more like me. Powerful and strong. That’s why we arm wrestled. Saito sensei said that night that everyone here was round but macura was square. Kinda odd. Chinatsu was translating for Brandon J
Tis all, I must wake up very early tomorrow. Wish me luck. Oyasumi nasai!
No comments:
Post a Comment