Monday, June 16, 2008

June 13 – Friday the 13th

I woke up earlier today, around 715 because I needed to meet Brandon at the shimbashi station at 835. I left the dorm (ryou) around 810. I caught the 820 train and got to shimbashi. The fan guy hadn’t set up his stand yet, but I saw Brandon waiting by kita sweets. We headed off for the ginza line. It was packed as usual, a sardine can full of people. And I got shoved around by people. We got to toranomon a little early and changed in the locker room. We met itou sensei and then met with a guy who I never fully heard his name. we went to an endocrine metabolism meeting and they talked about dm patients and the medication regimens. They translated after each pt for us. We left after an hour and went back to the pharmacy. The pharmacist explained the way they handle diabetes in japan. He went through some powerpoints that he had prepared. Around 1115 he said he was finished and we went to lunch.

We were trying to look for something familiar that had picture menus, but no luck. We found jonathon’s diner. I got chicken, rice, potatoes, and corn with the drink bar. Drink bar has fountain sodas, coffee, and teas. Brandon got some shrimp pasta with salad and drink bar, he loves the drink bar. He goes through liquid like crazy. There was a drink that looked like a macha (green tea) frappachino. But we weren’t sure how to make it. Every time we went to the drink bar we hoped to find someone making it, but never did. We stayed long enough for two cups of coffee. On the way back we saw a stationary store and I bought some cute paper and envelopes.

We got back around 120p and decided it would be a good time to give hayashi sensei our gift. We went by the reception close to his office and they said he was busy, so we said we would come back later. We went a few doors down to the main pharmacy area and met itou-sensei. He said he was very sorry that hayashi sensei could not meet with us. He already knew that we tried to visit hayashi. Weird. Word travels too fast. Anyway, itou-sensei had an appointment with someone else and we went with uchida sensei to the 13th floor. More hematology. We met a nurse who studied abroad in Australia for a year. it’s really quite close. About 7-8 hours by plane.

It was after 330 and we headed back to the pharmacy. Uchida sensei said that the doctors wanted to have dinner with us but they are very busy. They wanted to drink with us and take us out for yakitori. Chicken and green onion kababs. Ne-gi-ma. We thought that would be pretty cool. We get back to the pharmacy and itou sensei says that schedule is over for the week and they would miss us. We took some pictures and left.

We walked back and went to the classroom. Only yoshi-nori was there. We talked with him and then the other student came back. We told them that we found a men’s yukata for a good price and they thought I left off a zero. We said we found it an uni qlo and they were excited. Yoshi wanted one too so off we went. Mari hosoda, miho, yoshi, b, and me. We got there by the asakusa line to higashi-ginza. Brandon and yoshi tried them on and Brandon couldn’t decide which one to get. And also, he told me after the fact, that he got felt up by the girl who tied his obi. Hahahhaha! He decided on the white yukata, but the getta (wooden shoes) did not fit his feet. Miho said I could wait to see if there were any getta that I liked in asakusa or ueno, if not I could buy the ones at uni qlo. We headed back because they had class at 630.

We went upstairs to see the schedule for Tokyo Disney land and they asked if we would be able to order at the cafeteria. We headed down with them and were halfway to the cafeteria when Brandon said he’d rather have something else. We went to mos burger and I got a spicy cheeseburger with fries, onion rings, and a coke. It wasn’t really spicy, but it was good. The fries do not compare to mcdonalds at all. Brandon got this weird rice bun burger. But it was too small for him. We left and went to the am/pm convenie and got some ice cream. We went back to school and got our bags. We went to the lab and were going to look up options for tomorrow’s outing because it was not planned. We got take san to help us. We edited a couple of lines of his paper for him. We told us about this pleasure land. It looked really fun. But we decided to go to yokohama for the day. We are going to the ramen noodle museum, the brick warehouse, china town, and the tower building. It should be fun. Oyasumi nasai!

No comments: