Wednesday, June 4, 2008

June 4

Today we were supposed to meet Suzuki san at 1030pm which meant we didn’t need to be at school until 930am. Well I got a message last night from naoko that we were to meet taka and yuka at 9am. Ok. I get there and matsuyama said he thinks I’m am too tired. I should get some rest. Very important. I didn’t think it really showed when I was at the university. I just get so tired at night. We get there and I brought my Japanese book to kill some time. And everyone was kinda impressed. Taka said hard worker. Hehehehe. He is very funny. So Brandon arrived and we were off.

We met shurr san and he said I didn’t think you were coming until 1030am. “ so did we.” Oh well. We started early and went to the surgery satellite pharmacy. We talked about what they did and then they started making iv stuff. Two main pharmacists and new pharmacist. we told them that we found a place that makes a stamp. And they were amazed that doctors and pharmacist’s actually signed their name. it would take them too long. Then we went to go meet shaori and takayuki. Shurr san wanted to eat lunch with us. I think we were supposed to go to shinjaku and eat, but that would be too far away for him so we ate at oasis. I got katsu don. Pork with rice and soup. It was good. We talked about boyfriends and girl friends and maid café.. shurr san wants to go with us. He got taka’s number. They were fighting over who would pay for the check. Funny.

Then we had 30 minutes to wait. Taka and yuka went back to class, which they were late for, sumimasen! We went across the street to the bookstore and look around a bit. Then Brandon asked for a bank and there were none around in the area. Banks are only open from 9am to 3pm. But there are atms everywhere. Time to go back. I needed to go to the bathroom but never got a chance. We waited in an eatery. Shaori and taka warmed up after a little while. I was kind of wary of them at first.

We went to meet kenoke ken san in the basement. We actually visited that room on Monday and shurr san explained the machines that packaged powders and granules. We even tasted some cephalosporin and it tastes sweet with strawberry. Ken san was very nice. He floated when he walked too. He told us that pharmacist get a consultation fee when they explain a medication to a paitent. About 3500 yen per patient. They can only charge a fee on one day. He showed us the locked cabinet for narcotics. And they had many many fentanyl patches. They even have a narcotics manager that rechecks the prescription after the other pharmacists. To keep track of amount. They do not have a government agency for narcotics.

Ken san is a urology pharmacist. he took us up to the ward and it was very busy, isogashi. Then a doctor who worked in new york for a while came and talked to us. Asked us what the regimen was for renal cancer. We did not know. Then another doctor was telling us about some cancer patients and the regimens that they use. We would have seen a patient if it was not so busy. We finished up and went back to the basement. We asked to see yamaguchi sensei to give him a gift. He was in a meeting so we waited a little bit. He came and we gave it to him. Kore oh ageru. Shaori told me later that it was the informal version and we should have said kore oh agemasu. Whoops! Well it should be ok, I hope.

We get back to university and we get our things and almost leave, when shaori comes in and asks "where are you going?" Hehehe. No where. We sit down and drink coffee and look through our Tokyo books. matsuyama comes in and asks me if i:m tired. Then we go eat dinner in the cafeteria. Chicken, rice, miso soup. Tasty. We had to buy a ticket in a vending machine and then give it to him. Good idea. We ate with shaori, takayuki, taka, miho (who is super cute), mari (who didn’t talk much), and yuka. Miho asked me if it would be ok if we went out on Saturday and Sunday. She didn:t want me to be too tired. Geeez. He told everyone that i:m tired. I must look like ass. If they saw me without my makeup, what would they think then???

They had class at 630 so we go back up and takayuki said he would take Brandon to get an ironing board. I wasn’t sure if I should go too, but Brandon said to come along. We took the jr line for the first time and went to bic camera. It is a HUGE store. Something different on each floor. We found the ironing board but no messenger bags. Then taka takes us to a shopping center. Very high class and up scale. Bags were takai desu (very expensive)! But we did find handkerchiefs. Brandon got some burberry, ck, and something else. I got some nice cloth ones. Because I am sweating up a storm sometimes. We went to nearly every floor. Very nice stuff. To many clothes and shoes and bags, and everything. Then we left and taka took us back on jr line to the daimon subway. He ended up going back to the university. Back at home and I’m always tired. I need to start drinking coffee in the morning and evening to keep up!

Mechi mechi uma – very very good?

Ike man – good guy

No comments: